NetGalley Member

Professional Reader 80% 25 Book Reviews Reviews Published

Friday, March 9, 2018

ARC Review - After Anna by Lisa Scottoline

5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.” 
― Mark Twain


I was granted this ARC by NeGalley and St. Martin’s Press. One of the things I enjoy most about a thriller is that it is exactly what it says it is. After Anna is undoubtedly a thriller packed with unrelenting suspense. This was my first Lisa Scottoline and now I know it will not be my last. I requested this Advanced Readers Copy because the blurb intrigued me. I was expecting a slow paced, family drama with a bit of suspense and I was pleasantly surprised it provided more than I expected.

The story is set in Philadelphia and is follows Maggie, a happily married to Dr. Noah Alderman and a step-mother to ten-year-old, Caleb.  Maggie lost custody of her infant daughter Anna who is now seventeen. Wanting to reconnect with her mother, Anna moves to Philadelphia. While Maggie and Anna attempt to bond, Noah feels something isn’t right about Anna. This causes friction in their marriage and lies begin to unravel. When Anna is found dead under suspicious circumstances, Noah becomes a prime suspect.

The story is told in two different points of view showing the before and the after Anna. Noah must prove his innocence as he is on trial for the murder of his step-daughter.


As the story progresses you don’t know what to believe. The pace of the book is unbelievably fast and does not let go! The last few pages were so intense I was biting my nails and my heart was going crazy! It is such a refreshing and unique story that makes this a very difficult book to put down. You will be sucked in from the first page and will leave you feeling like you just ran a marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top Ten Books of 2019

“Books are a uniquely portable magic.” -Stephen King ˰˰˰ My Top Ten Books of 2019 By Sofie Hern It's that time of...