NetGalley Member

Professional Reader 80% 25 Book Reviews Reviews Published

Friday, February 23, 2018

ARC Review - The Retreat by Mark Edwards

4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐

“Without hope we fail to exist.” 
― Lailah Gifty Akita



I was granted this ARC by NetGalley and Amazon Publishing. This is truly a great read for those who enjoy suspense/thrillers. One of the things I enjoy about a book like this is the fact that it makes you think. I had to stop reading a few times just to think the why, when were and who. This one certainly kept me guessing until the end. At times it read like a paranormal story which is certainly not my thing but still kept me interested. 

The story follows Julia a grieving mother and wife after the loss of her husband and disappearance of her young daughter. She seems to be the only who believes that her daughter might still be alive. To cope with her grief, Julia turns her home into a writers retreat. Things change when Lucas, a guest at the retreat begins to dig up, so-to-speak in an attempt to uncover the truth behind the disappearance.

If you like a good mystery, I do believe you will enjoy this one

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top Ten Books of 2019

“Books are a uniquely portable magic.” -Stephen King ˰˰˰ My Top Ten Books of 2019 By Sofie Hern It's that time of...