NetGalley Member

Professional Reader 80% 25 Book Reviews Reviews Published

Thursday, December 28, 2017

ARC Review - The Coincidence Makers by Yoav Blum

3 ✩✩✩

“Life is a gift of God, of the God of Coincidence!” 

― Mehmet Murat Ildan




I had high hopes for this one. I really enjoyed the story but found there were many interruptions within the story. The plot is good and easy to follow with characters that were strong and likable. Character development was great with some but lacked growth with others.

One of the things this book was able to do was change my perspective on my daily life. I found myself wondering if what was going on in my life was part of the coincidence makers! If anything, this book has left me with a sense of calm about things that go on around me. I no longer get angry if a driver cuts me off or when I miss a green light!

At times it reads like a self help book with a lot of irrelevant information related to the story. No, it wasn’t a horrible read. Like I said, I really enjoyed it but wish it had less interruption. Other than that I think the story makes sense and left me wanting more. I would have given it 4 stars but it loses one for the numerous interruptions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top Ten Books of 2019

“Books are a uniquely portable magic.” -Stephen King ˰˰˰ My Top Ten Books of 2019 By Sofie Hern It's that time of...