NetGalley Member

Professional Reader 80% 25 Book Reviews Reviews Published

Monday, May 6, 2019

Book Review: Those People by Louise Candlish

⭐⭐⭐⭐

“Neighbor: the nicest enemy you will ever get” 
― Bangambiki Habyarimana, Book of Wisdom



by 
Louise Candlish


●●●




When I was granted this ARC I was stoked! First of all this is one beautiful cover. I was sucked in from the very first page as it begins by letting us know that something horrible has happened in this neighborhood.  In the style of Big Little Lies this one reveals in each chapter small fragments of something big ahead. Told from the perspective of seven neighbors in three households this story has a bit of everything. The twisted humor is one of the things that made this book so enjoyable.

Lowland Way is one of Lowland Gardens most prominent street. A place with beautiful homes, lush gardens and friendly neighbors. A place where the street gets closed down on Sundays so children can play care free without worrying about traffic.

When Darren and Jodi move in to 1 Lowland Way, the neighbors lives are turned upside down when Darren begins constructions seemingly without proper authorization. Soon the once quiet neighborhood of Lowland Gardens turns to chaos with no end in sight.  Ant and Em who live next door to #1 are the ones who suffer the chaos from next door. With a baby at home and endless sleepless nights due to the noise, their lives change dramatically.

I can relate to this book because I once had to deal with this type of neighbors and I know everyone has one neighbor with who they just can’t seem to get along with.

This is my second Louise Candlish read with Our House being the fist and is among my favorite reads of 2018. Fans of Liane Moriarty will definitely enjoy this one. A perfect whodunit that will keep you guessing until the very end. Excellent.




You can find me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top Ten Books of 2019

“Books are a uniquely portable magic.” -Stephen King ˰˰˰ My Top Ten Books of 2019 By Sofie Hern It's that time of...