NetGalley Member

Professional Reader 80% 25 Book Reviews Reviews Published

Monday, November 11, 2019

Book Review - Golden in Death (In Death, Book 50) by J.D. Robb

"All that glitters is not gold."


⭐⭐⭐⭐


Expected publication: February 4th, 2020 by St. Martin's Press
ISBN: 1250207207



Book Review
by Sofie Hern
Advanced Reader's Copy courtesy of 
Edelweiss and St. Martin's Press


Four stars for this one. J.D. Robb’s words are so familiar to me that her books, her voice, has a form of cadence to them. Her books read smooth and precise that at times, I forget that I’m even reading. It has become such a pleasure to read these books and visit with characters that have become so familiar to me. With each book, I become more attached to the In Death universe that I can’t see me not reading them.


In this 50th installment, we continue to follow kick-ass cop Eve Dallas and company as she solves yet another tough case. With golden eggs, toxins, murder, and sexy scenes, JD Robb continues to produce beautiful work.

Lieutenant Dallas and Detective Peabody are looking for a killer who uses toxins hidden in a golden egg. As Dallas and Peabody investigate the case, they encounter unlikable characters and memorable ones. What I love about this book is that I get to follow every lead and dead-end alongside the homicide duo and other regular characters. This one is particularly refreshing as we see Dallas finally accept that Roarke is part of her process and that with his help, her work has become a little bit easier. She still kicks ass and takes no BS, she just does it more efficiently.

In this book, we see a few beloved characters and Eve’s interactions with them. When one of my favorite characters makes an appearance, I appreciate the book even more. This one had me laughing out loud at Eve’s literal sense, and it also had me in tears with her beautiful heart and compassion. 


Robb isn't one for cliffhangers or major plot twists but instead allows the plot, the case, to unravel right before your eyes, which is not to say there is no suspense. There is the right amount of twists, turns, funny and touching moments. Not many authors can make this happen and still continue to produce outstanding work. An absolute gem.


For more book content, you can follow me on Twitter and find me on Facebook
For more J.D. Robb content, join our facebook group, Reading in Death


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Top Ten Books of 2019

“Books are a uniquely portable magic.” -Stephen King ˰˰˰ My Top Ten Books of 2019 By Sofie Hern It's that time of...